At long last YouTube have taken note of the concerns about unlimited access to their total content in schools. They have now come out with “YouTube For Schools”which will have vetted videos which can be accessed safely in schools without any comments or advertisements.
Surely this will answer those who have used the “safety” argument for banning YouTube videos in schools. There is, as the well-made video above shows, so many things that students can get from having the ability to access the wealth of material that is available on YouTube.
This has got to be a step in the right direction of getting wider use of technology into schools. Maybe it might convert some die-hard technology doubting teachers out there that there is something in all this new technology stuff!
- YouTube for Schools keeps YouTube educational (downes.ca)
- YouTube For Schools Strips Away Kitten and Fail Videos So Students Can Actually Learn Online (socialtimes.com)
- YouTube launches website for school children (ibnlive.in.com)
- YouTube for Schools – Now More Schools Can Access YouTube (freetech4teachers.com)
- YouTube makes its site safe for the classroom (venturebeat.com)